Tuesday, September 9, 2014

This is Em in Grade 1

Emily started 1st grade a few weeks ago.  Thanks to a bit of a scheduling mess up on my part I was unable to walk her to school or pick her up after.  I was at work over both of those times though not most of the time in the middle.  Oh well she is no worse for the wear and Daddy did a great job taking pictures. 
Moment of truth here.  I actually didn't want to make a back to school dress.  She has so much stuff and I had several mommy projects I wanted to use my sewing time on (both completed but not blogged) so I made what I thought was a great offer.  I said I could make her a dress or I would take her to Justice to buy a back to school outfit.  Well ladies they don't sell this dress at Justice but I am glad for at least one more year she picked mama made over tweeny goodness.
This is the Rose dress from Otto 1/08.  My first ever Ottobre and this dress was on the cover.  I was sure I would make it the moment she was big enough.  I did not do that but as I was thumbing through trying to decide what to do with this fabric that had been in my stash for almost as long I decided it was time.  I made a 116 which is how tall she is these days.  I still added a bit of length and decided that dress was a bit of a strong term.  This is a tunic.  A very cute tunic but a tunic just the same.  Good thing I had some green knit fabric that watched some of the writing.
We are both pleased with this one even if she didn't need any more clothes.  I'm not sure if I will make it again or not but certainly not till spring.  Right now I'm focused on things to wear with the great pile of hand me down jeans she got for winter.  And maybe making myself a few new things from the patterns I simply had to by recently. 

OH and these are part of the stash diet.  The only thing I had to buy was an invisible zipper.  I even did a pretty good job putting it in.
Oh and I forgot to mention but the leggings are from the lil blue boo leggings pattern.  I just traced a size bigger then last year and they are great and still a fav pattern.




2 comments:

  1. Yay for choosing mama mades!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable.. She is growing up... How wonderful that she chose Mama made versus Justice..
    happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers