Friday, October 10, 2014

Jalie 3245 love

One of the best things about Jalie patterns is the huge size range.  Kids 2 to adult 22 in most envelopes.  That said when Emily was littler I felt like most of their styles were too basic for her.  Now that she is older I'm loving Jalie 3245.  I've been making them tunic length to go with the hand me down jeans she got.  So far I've done 3 and while I don't plan on doing more for her right away I'm sure I will at some point.  This pattern is a great way to use a print without looking like a pj top.
I wanted to do a little reverse applique in the Alabama Chanin style.  I bought this design for my Silhouette then cut 2 fronts for the shirt and matched the embroidery color to the outline color of the print.
I lengthened the sleeves on this one.  Other then that its straight from the pattern.

The goal for this next one was to use up the last of my chevron fabric before it goes completely out of style.
I had enough to cut the arms, neck band, plus a big E on the front.  I thought about adding a ruffle as well but decided not to.
I decided to put a chevron heart on the back as well.  The original idea was to put a small heart on the back to look like a logo.  I ended up going bigger then planned but still like the look.  I also modified the front hem of this one to be more of a high low effect.

This was the first one I made for her.  I picked up the pear fabric at a factory sale and had the brown left over from another project.  Its basic but we like it that way.  This one has the original sleeve length and as you can see they don't make it to her elbows.








1 comment:

Followers