Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Playhouse Nightgown

I'm guessing most of the online sewing community has heard of the various Perfect Pattern Parcels by now.  I think I've considered buying all 7 well 6 of 7 since I don't sew bags.  That said to date I've only purchased parcel 5.  It was the tween girl parcel and while Emily really isn't a tween yet and she edges closer to a 7 in many pdf patterns I'm just not willing to buy the little girl ones anymore.  I still wasn't sure about this one but I had not tried out any of the designers yet and thought all the patterns looked pretty cute.  At this point I have sewn all but one of the patterns and will be reviewing them individually over the next week or so.

First up the Playhouse Dress from Fishstick Designs.
I'll be honest here.  I think it was the fabric she used in her pdf pictures but the more I looked the more it looked like a night gown to me so I decided to just make a night gown.  It turned out cute and was easy to make but as drafted its a major fabric hog.  You could fix this by straightening the skirt just a bit but I didn't bother for this one.
I used knit fabric for all of the pieces though you could use a woven for the skirt and sleeves.  I like that you can use both bc I still have a lot of cute woven fabric hanging out in my stash.  These fabrics were both in my stash as well which is why I didn't mind using so much fabric for the skirt.
Someone else also appreciated the extra fabric in the skirt.

I'm pleased with the outcome of this project.  The pattern pieces lined up well and the instructions were easy to follow.  I'm not sure if I would have purchased this pattern on its own but its one that I'm glad to have in my stash even if I just use it for night gowns.  I think it could also make a cute tunic top with a few modifications.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers