Thursday, May 21, 2015

Easter 2015

Some time this spring I took Emily to Elegant Stitches, my really great local sewing shop, with me.  I'm not sure why I took her since I usually don't but all of a sudden she was walking up to me carrying a bolt of quilters cotton that she wanted a dress made out of.  While its pretty its not something I ever would have picked but she loved the print so we picked out a coordinate and bought enough fabric to make a dress.
Here is a closeup of the print.  I also decided that she just had to have one bow as big as her head while she's still little enough to pull it off.
Here is our current favorite new way to demonstrate twirl factor.
Finally one where you can see the dress.  This is the Oliver and S Garden Party Dress.  This pattern was a bit of a mixed bag.  If I make it again I will not put the waist band on the back as mine did not line up well at the end of the project.  I will also follow the directions for the arm binding instead of getting creative and ending up with and exposed seam under each arm.  Oh well its super cute and I think it bridges the little girl big girl gap nicely at the moment.
Her are both kids together.  Elijah is wear an Old Navy shirt and Target shorts.  He's also super thrilled to be having his pictures taken.



1 comment:

  1. Adorable...Emily did a great job , picking out this fabric.. really like the pattern.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers